Starting in 2017 employers and small businesses face an earlier filing deadline of January 31 for Forms W-2. The new January 31 filing deadline also applies to certain Forms 1099-MISC reporting non…
Starting in 2017 employers and small businesses face an earlier filing deadline of January 31 for Forms W-2. The new January 31 filing deadline also applies to certain Forms 1099-MISC reporting non-employee compensation such as payments to independent contractors. Also of note is that the IRS must also hold some refunds until February 15.
A new federal law, aimed at making it easier for the IRS to detect and prevent refund fraud, will accelerate the W-2 filing deadline for employers to January 31. For similar reasons, the new law also requires the IRS to hold refunds involving two key refundable tax credits until at least February 15 (also new). Here are details on each of these key dates.
New January 31 Deadline for Employers
The Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, enacted last December, includes a new requirement for employers. They are now required to file their copies of Form W-2 submitted to the Social Security Administration, by January 31, as well as Forms 1099-MISC.
In the past, employers typically had until the end of February (if filing on paper) or the end of March (if filing electronically) to submit their copies of these forms. In addition, there are changes in requesting an extension to file the Form W-2. Only one 30-day extension to file Form W-2 is available, and this extension is not automatic.
If an extension is necessary, a Form 8809 Application for Extension of Time to File Information Returns must be completed as soon as you know an extension is necessary, but by January 31. Please carefully review the instructions for Form 8809, and call the office if you need more information.
The new accelerated deadline will help the IRS improve its efforts to spot errors on returns filed by taxpayers. Having these W-2s and 1099s earlier will make it easier for the IRS to verify the legitimacy of tax returns and properly issue refunds to taxpayers eligible to receive them. In many instances, this will enable the IRS to release tax refunds more quickly than in the past.
The January 31 deadline has long applied to employers furnishing copies of these forms to their employees and that date remains unchanged.
Some Refunds Delayed Until at Least February 15
Due to the PATH Act change, some people will be getting their refunds later than they have in the past. The new law requires the IRS to hold the refund for any tax return claiming either the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) until February 15.
Furthermore, by law, the IRS must hold the entire refund, not just the portion related to the EITC or ACTC.
Even with this change, taxpayers should file their returns as they normally do. Whether they are claiming the EITC or ACTC or not, taxpayers should not count on getting a refund by a certain date, especially when making major purchases or paying other financial obligations. Typically, the IRS issues more than nine out ten refunds in less than 21 days; however, some returns may be held for further review.
Please call if you have any questions about the earlier filing deadlines for Forms W-2 or 1099.
Www.SchaumburgCPA.Info is an official blog of Manen Kothari CPA. To ensure compliance with the requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any U.S. federal tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing, or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein. One should consult their tax advisor before any of the information contained herewith applied to their individual tax situations. SK Tax Associates, Schaumburgcpa.info, or Manen Kothari cannot be held responsible for any general information stated above.
Manen Kothari, CPA serves in Schaumburg, Mount Prospects, Glendale Heights, Bartlett, Barrington and Chicago as well as other areas of Rolling Meadows, Naperville, Des Plaines, Elk Grove Village, Skokie and Addison, Downers Grove CPA. We are also efficient in showing you the detailed deductions that can help you to limit your tax liabilities for the next few years to come as long as we are at union with your business.
Contact us now: 847.524.0001
For More Information Visit: http://schaumburgcpa.info/
Are you one of the millions of Americans who hasn’t filed (or even started) your taxes yet? With the April 18 tax filing deadline quickly approaching, here is some last minute tax advice for you.
- Stop Procrastinating. Resist the temptation to put off your taxes until the very last minute. It takes time to prepare accurate returns and additional information may be needed from you to complete your tax return.
- Include All Income. If you had a side job in addition to a regular job, you might have received a Form 1099-MISC. Make sure you include that income when you file your tax return because you may owe additional taxes on it. If you forget to include it you may be liable for penalties and interest on the unreported income.
- File on Time or Request an Extension. This year’s tax deadline is April 18 (April 19, in Maine and Massachusetts). If the clock runs out, you can get an automatic six-month extension, bringing the filing date to October 17, 2016. You should keep in mind; however, that filing the extension itself does not give you more time to pay any taxes due. You will still owe interest on any amount not paid by the April deadline, plus a late-payment penalty if you have not paid at least 90 percent of your total tax by that date. At SK Tax Associates, we provide range of extended services to our clients in various industries. We provide traditional accounting and tax preparation services schaumburg to individual and businesses from bookkeeping, payroll processing, sales tax compliance and annual tax returns but our focus is always to go beyond compliance and help our client thrive by providing extended range of services that are rarely offered by most CPA firms.Call the office if you need to file an extension or file for late-filing penalty relief.
- Don’t Panic If You Can’t Pay. If you can’t immediately pay the taxes you owe, there are several alternatives. You can apply for an IRS installment agreement, suggesting your own monthly payment amount and due date, and getting a reduced late payment penalty rate. You also have various options for charging your balance on a credit card. There is no IRS fee for credit card payments, but processing companies generally charge a convenience fee. Electronic filers with a balance due can file early and authorize the government’s financial agent to take the money directly from their checking or savings account on the April due date, with no fee. The Schaumburg bookkeeping service provider serves as per the best interest of clients. Irrespective of being a wage earner, business owner and investor, hundreds of tax returns are prepared by the Schaumburg Payroll service provider.
- Sign and Double Check Your Return. The IRS will not process tax returns that aren’t signed, so make sure that you sign and date your return. You should also double check your social security number, as well as any electronic payment or direct deposit numbers, and finally, make sure that your filing status is correct.
Manen Kothari, CPA serves in Schaumburg, Mount Prospects, Glendale Heights, Bartlett, Barrington and Chicago as well as other areas of Downers Grove, Naperville, Des Plaines, Elk Grove Village, Skokie and Addison. We are also efficient in showing you the detailed deductions that can help you to limit your tax liabilities for the next few years to come as long as we are at union with your business.
Call now: 847.524.0001
For More Information Visit: http://schaumburgcpa.info/
There is such an incredible measure of printed material to be done in your business that with the improvement of your business you won’t have time for in light of the way that you will be discovered up with managing diverse things. Managing your business requires to give better CPA in Bartlett organizations to your clients. In any case, as an association proprietor you ought to acknowledge what your pay is and know your expenses to pay obligations and record the benefits toward the end of the year. Most importantly else you are going to need to give remarkable client satisfaction.
In case you have to reduce costs and have the ability to manage your clients meanwhile then you should contract some individual to offer you with your costs, some help with bookkeeping and bookkeeping. They will pay your bills and pay your agents on time and likewise record and pay your appraisals since they’ll be the ones staying mindful of your numbers all year so you don’t have to. Our services are broad and well documented so that you are relieved of all your taxing duties and focus completely on your core business.
They will know your budgetary arrangement and what you need to spend and what you truly can spend on top of what you are pulling in. Thusly, they can chat with you about what’s going on and give you a brief outline of what’s going on so you can do distinctive things and not have to understand it yourself with your profitable time.
It is basic to have a fulfilled capable to manage you. This will allow you to feel free that you are not going to face any unnecessary legitimate issues in light of the way that all that you need will be done you with the data of a specialist under their thought. SchaumburgCPA.info is full service CPA firm who are dedicated to finding the solutions to your IRS problems, helping you with your Bookkeeping and Auditing needs and providing you with competent tax preparation.
Whether the livelihood is bookkeeping, obligations, accounting or other cash related occupations; it will minimize working costs and expand capability while expanding high grounds. You can welcome the minimization of tension through them expecting control over your money condition inside and out. Our Schaumburg Tax Preparation services are proper and complete with full clarity. We deliver individual attention to all our clients and understand the ratio of customer satisfaction. We also service in the Schaumburg 1040 preparation and have grown to be among the leaders in CPA in Schaumburg.
These organizations can rehearse in the business range, and taught in the secretly run organization, cultivation and agribusiness, land change, vehicles vendors, and business visionaries. They have built up the data all through very much an extended period of time getting background through working with others. They have encountered wide teaching and get ready through the business and are incredibly dealt with and arranged to handle your undertaking.
You can set aside to 60 percent on your procuring in order to accounting expenses and make more pay some person. You will have correct, propitious and profitable cash related operational reports also. You won’t have to contract staff. They can do the larger part of that for you.
They can manage everything including auto, advancement and area, human administrations, retail, diners, assurance administrators, masters and that is just the tip of the ice shelf. There is nothing that a cpa organization can’t achieve for your business reserves.
Call us: 847.524.0001
For More Information Visit: http://schaumburgcpa.info/
Charge arranging is the procedure of taking a gander at different assessment alternatives keeping in mind the end goal to decide when, whether, and how to direct business and individual exchanges to lessen or dispense with expense risk.
Numerous little entrepreneurs overlook charge arranging. They don’t consider their assessments until it are an ideal opportunity to meet with their bookkeepers, however charge arranging is a progressing process and great duty counsel is profitable merchandise. It is to your advantage to survey your pay and costs month to month and meet with our Indian CPA or charge counselor quarterly to examine how you can exploit the procurement, credits and reasoning that are legitimately accessible to you.
Despite the fact that assessment shirking arranging is legitimate, charge avoidance – the decrease of expense through double dealing, subterfuge, or camouflage – is most certainly not. Every now and again what separates charge avoidance from assessment shirking is the IRS’s finding that there was deceitful expectation with respect to the entrepreneur. The accompanying are four of the ranges the Schaumburg IRS audit inspectors ordinarily concentrate on as indicating conceivable misrepresentation:
- Failure to report generous measures of pay, for example, a shareholder’s inability to report profits or a store proprietor’s inability to report a segment of the everyday business receipts.
- Claims for invented or despicable findings on an arrival, for example, a business agent’s significant exaggeration of travel costs or a citizen’s case of an extensive derivation for beneficent commitments when no check exists.
- Accounting anomalies, for example, a business’ inability to keep satisfactory records or an inconsistency between sums covered a company’s arrival and sums gave an account of its money related proclamations.
- Improper designation of salary to a related citizen who is in a lower assessment section, for example, where a company makes appropriations to the controlling shareholder’s youngsters.
Charge Planning Strategies
Incalculable assessment arranging techniques are accessible to little entrepreneurs. Some are gone for the proprietor’s individual assessment circumstance and some at the business itself, however paying little heed to how straightforward or how complex an expense methodology is, it will be founded on organizing the procedure to fulfill one or a greater amount of these regularly covering objectives:
- Reducing the measure of assessable salary
- Lowering your assessment rate
- Controlling the time when the assessment must be paid
- Claiming any accessible assessment credits
- Controlling the impacts of the Alternative Minimum Tax
- Avoiding the most well-known assessment arranging botches
So as to arrange adequately, you’ll have to assess your own and business wage for the following couple of years. This is fundamental since numerous assessment arranging procedures will spare duty dollars at one salary level, yet will make a bigger expense bill at other pay levels. You will need to abstain from having the “right” duty arrangement made “wrong” by incorrect salary projections. When you recognize what your rough wage will be, you can make the following stride: assessing your duty section.
The push to think of gem ball evaluations might be troublesome and by its exceptionally nature will be vague. Then again, you ought to as of now be anticipating your business incomes, salary, and income for general business arranging purposes. The better your evaluations are, the better the chances that your expense arranging endeavors will succeed.
Expanding Business Entertainment Expenses
Diversion costs are genuine reasonings that can bring down your assessment charge and spare you cash, if you take after specific rules.
With a specific end goal to qualify as a finding, business must be examined some time recently, amid, or after the dinner and the surroundings must be helpful for a business dialog. Case in point, a little, calm eatery would be a perfect area for a business supper. A club would not. Be cautious of areas that incorporate progressing floor appears or other diverting occasions that repress business dialogs. Prime diversions are theater areas, ski trips, greens, sports occasions, and chasing trips.
The IRS permits up to a 50 percent reasoning on excitement costs, however you should keep great records and the business supper must be masterminded with the motivation behind leading particular business. Bon craving!
Imperative Business Automobile Deductions
On the off chance that you utilize your auto for business, for example, going by customers or going to conferences far from your customary working environment you might have the capacity to take certain reasoning’s for the expense of working and keeping up your vehicle. You can deduct auto costs by taking either the standard mileage rate or utilizing real costs.
The mileage repayment rates for 2016 are 54 pennies for each business mile (57.5 pennies for each mile in 2015), 14 pennies for each altruistic mile (unaltered from 2015) and 19 pennies for moving and restorative miles (down from 23 pennies for every mile in 2015).
In the event that you possess two autos, another approach to expand findings is to incorporate both autos in your derivations. This works since business miles driven is dictated by business use. To figure business use, partition the business miles driven by the aggregate miles driven. This technique can bring about huge derivations.
Whichever technique you choose to use to take the reasoning, dependably make certain to keep precise records, for example, a mileage log and receipts. On the off chance that you require help making sense of which system is best for your business; don’t dither to get in touch with us. Glad driving!
Build Your Bottom Line When You Work At Home
The home office conclusion is potentially a standout amongst the most troublesome reasonings ever to come around the piece. Yet, there are such a large number of duty focal points it gets to be justified regardless of the navigational inconvenience. Here are a couple of regular tips for home office findings that can make charge season altogether less traumatic for those of you with a home office.
Attempt conspicuously showing your home telephone number and address on business cards, have business visitors sign a visitor log book when they visit your office, deduct long-separation telephone charges, keep a period and work action log, hold receipts and paid receipts. Keeping these receipts makes it such a great amount of less demanding to decide rates of derivations later on in the year.
Area 179 expensing for assessment year 2016 (as in 2015) permits you to quickly deduct, as opposed to devalue after some time, up to $500,000, with a top of $2,000,000 worth of qualified business property that you buy amid the year. The watchword is “buy”. Hardware can be new or utilized and incorporates certain product. All home office depreciable gear meets the capability. The “Reward Depreciation” for qualified resources (new hardware just – no utilized gear and no product) put in administration for expense years 2015, 2016, and 2017 is 50 percent. In 2018, it is diminished to 40 percent and in 2019 is decreased to 30 percent.
Our Schaumburg Tax Preparation services are proper and complete with full clarity. We deliver individual attention to all our clients and understand the ratio of customer satisfaction. We also service in the Schaumburg 1040 preparation and have grown to be among the leaders in CPA in Schaumburg.
Call us: 847.524.0001
For More Information Visit: http://schaumburgcpa.info/